Susan Rodgers

Friday, October 17, 2008

Glorious Grace

“You are treasured by God.” Daniel 9:24

When I read those words the other day, I felt a huge longing in my spirit to be favored by God. I also was acutely aware of my unworthiness, though, so I felt a little sad. Yet I managed to be hopeful on account of this marvelous thing called grace.

Today Beth Moore in my Daniel Bible study workbook says this:

“God sent those words (Daniel 9:24) through Gabriel to His servant Daniel centuries ago. He’s sending them now to you, for Christ made us ‘accepted in the beloved’ (Ephesians 1:6, KJV). Receive them, greatly loved one!”

Wow. What joy fills my heart as the truth of those words sinks in!

Yes, Lord, I, with arms stretched wide for a celestial hug, receive Your love!

“He predestined us to be adopted through Jesus Christ for Himself, according to His favor and will, to the praise of His glorious grace that He favored us within the Beloved” (Ephesians 1:5-6, HCS).

It is all because of Jesus. Not only is my debt paid and sins wiped away, but also I’m clothed with His righteousness and inundated by grace. Most of all, I’m treasured, favored, and highly loved by God! Yay! What a great deal!

This package is available to you, too! He doesn’t want anyone to miss out (see Ezekiel 18:32). All it takes is totally surrendering to Jesus. Oh, go ahead and dive in to His huge love and glorious grace. It will be the ride of your life!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • It truly is an amazing ride! You, Susan, are not only treasured by God, you are also treasured by me!

    By Blogger Nancy Holte, at 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home