Susan Rodgers

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Power Available

I’m being vulnerable again…

23 February 08 Journal Entry

A stirring deep within me
Is coming to a boil
Wanting more of Jesus
Lord, anoint us with fresh oil!

The power of Your Spirit
That came in Acts chapter 2
Is available to us today
Deep in me I know it’s true!

Power for Your Kingdom
For Your glory, for Your fame
Winning the lost to Jesus
By the power of Your Name

Ah, this stirring in me
It needs a place to flow!
Newfound passion to seek you
Lord, it’s You I want to know!

Tired of mediocrity
And distractions from Your TRUTH
Lord, please give us REALITY
May we be living PROOF!

Proof that YOU ARE GOD
The Universe Creator
Proof that YOU ARE LOVE
Mighty Soul Savior

Awesome God, I crave You
Like I never have before
Please give me a heart to know You
Of ALL of me be LORD!

Please forgive me for selfish living
--Ugh, this nasty pride!--
I lay me again on Your altar
In Your shadow I will hide

Bless us with pure motives,
Clear vision, determined purpose.
Clothe us with humility
And let Your love consume us!

Lord, it’s all for Your glory
What a wonderful calling!
By Your power and Your grace
We’ll obey Your every prompting

Do Your thing, please, Lord
Show up strong today
Advance Your kingdom greatly
So many will be saved!

“The book of Acts provides a condensed history of the early church, an eyewitness account of the miraculous spread of the Gospel from Jerusalem to Rome. The book details how the Holy Spirit authorized our spiritual forebears to carry out Jesus’ mandate to be His witnesses throughout the world. THAT SAME POWER IS AVAILABLE TO US. God has not left us at the mercy of our weaknesses; He has sent the Holy Spirit to help us follow their example (see Ephesians 5:17,18) and to be Jesus’ witnesses in all of the earth.” -Introduction to Acts in the Parallel Study Bible

4 Comments:

  • AMEN!

    By Blogger Jean Ohlerking, at 4:11 PM  

  • You have challenged me once again, my friend. Laying it all down for Jesus!

    By Blogger Nancy Holte, at 10:09 PM  

  • Thanks for the great post Susan. I feel the same way about this time were living in. People want the gospel now more then ever. We did a prayer vigil for our youth this weekend, about 65 middle schoolers, and they hungout in this dark quiet hall lit only with candles for hours, praying and reading scriptures layed out for them. Come like a child took on a whole new meaning for me. Its in our presentation also. My youth pastor is always taking pictures of us when we are in the worst possible look. At first it upset me, now I am constantly concious of am I at my best. Meaning am I smiling, or am I looking miserable around the people. Because really, how much better does it get than carrying the gospel to people. That in itself will put a smile on your face.

    By Blogger sammie, at 5:34 AM  

  • Happy late Birthday Susan. Was reading your mothers blog and saw that you had one. I love to read your posts. It lookes like my neice Rachael Randall and her husband Gary will be visiting you soon. They are so full of the spirit and energy.

    By Blogger sammie, at 7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home