Susan Rodgers

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Faith Boost

In my last post I shared about my friend who was very sick. Well, this past Monday she came to me, and I was floored by how healthy she was. No TB in her lungs (per an x-ray). No need for ARVs. No more sores in her mouth. She was feeling strong, and her face was beaming. I couldn’t believe it! We stopped and prayed together, thanking God for helping her back to health so quickly.

Then that same day, Ben and I visited an orphanage in Bulembu (a city in remote Swaziland) run by two amazing people, Gerry and Robyn Richter (www.abcministry.org.za) who have committed their lives to caring for orphans. I met several children whom God has miraculously healed. Several doctors have just shaken their heads in awe. One little boy is completely healed of AIDs, having no more need for ARVs or any medication whatsoever.

Now isn’t that cool timing for us to witness such a phenomenon on the heels of my plea for the Lord to help my unbelief? My faith is certainly boosted.

God is so good. Really, really, really good. He does hear our prayers. Gerry and Robyn are living in the midst of so many answered prayers every day. What an exciting way to do life!!

Lord, please bless them. And thank You for this faith boost! May everyone who reads this news also experience a swell of faith inside their hearts. You do awesome things, Father. We praise You for all You’ve done!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • That is so awesome!! Praise God!! I've been praying for your friend since you posted and I'm thrilled to hear of the great report. May God continue to do miracles and open our eyes to His work! Love you guys and can't wait to be there!

    By Blogger Kristin, at 8:33 AM  

  • This is exactly what I needed to hear today! How cool is that? God is so amazing!!!

    By Blogger Nancy Holte, at 4:28 PM  

  • WOW!!!! So awesome. For some reason I didn't catch the connection between this post and the "healing" one when I first visited your blog a couple of days ago. I've put your "healing" post at my blog and now I'll have to share "the rest of the story".

    Hope your Sunday has been a beautifully refreshing and restful one.

    Missing Swaziland here in Mississippi,
    Elysa Mac

    By Blogger Elysa, at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home