Susan Rodgers

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Finished!

Soon after we moved to Zimbabwe back in 2001, food shortages became common (they are even more predominant now). A missionary friend who moved there about the same time as us said, “I’ve learned one thing here: ‘Finished, Madam.’” That is what the shop employees said to us whenever we asked if they had a certain item. “Oh, sorry, Madam. Finished!”

I remember walking down long aisles that once had been stacked high with flour, oil, and mealie meal. The shelves were empty. Everything was Finished.

Just before Jesus died, He said the same thing. “It is Finished!” (John 19:30)

What was finished? The debt to be paid. The ransom price to buy us from hell. The thing that stood between us and the ability to have fellowship with God—Finished!

So I walk the aisles of my past. The sin that once filled the shelves—evidence of my rebellion and proof of my guilt: GONE! Why? Because Jesus said so! He paid the price I should have paid. I deserve hell. I deserve to suffer the horrific death He did. But because He loves me so much, He took my place. He cancelled my debt.

Psalm 103:12
“As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.”


Wow, Jesus. Thank You. Thank You! THANK YOU!!!

Isaiah 1:18
“‘Come, let us discuss this,’ says the LORD.
‘Though your sins are like scarlet,
they will be as white as snow;
though they are as red as crimson,
they will be like wool.”


This is a gift from God. We can’t do anything to add to it. We just receive His forgiveness. And our sins will be Finished, the debt cancelled, and the way for us to be in fellowship with Him will be wide open. Oh, if you’ve not received this gift, please open your heart right now and say “YES” to the One Who loves you enough to die for you!

4 Comments:

  • Susan, Thanks for the post. Susan I have been thinking what a great encouragement you and your family, Natalie,Sandra and your team have been through your writing and your work over there. In the Psalms this morning I was reading 101:3 I will set before my eyes no vile thing. The deeds of faithless men I hate,they will not cling to me. Its the work of faithfilled believers that will cling to me and my family. There are people listening when you guys write, continue to write the stories. I hope to bring my girls there someday, so they get the gift of missions.

    By Blogger sammie, at 3:43 AM  

  • I love gifts...but that's my FAVORITE one of all!

    Praise the LORD!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:06 PM  

  • yes, yes, yes!!!

    By Blogger showstopper, at 11:01 AM  

  • hey ant susan cool post i cant wait to see you agan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home