Susan Rodgers

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Comforter

Journal Entry
November 12

Today is the first in over a week for me to get up this early. Last night I asked the Lord to wake me this morning. He did, and I started to go back to sleep, but the signal in my spirit became clear.

Lord, I trust You. Please forgive me for being so wrapped up in comfort. My focus on You has become dull...please make things right. Help me to NOT have self-comfort be such a huge deal.

Just now I was walking and praying. I got chilly so I wrapped a comforter around me: big, fluffly, soft, and warm. Ahh... Only then I could hardly walk. And the Holy Spirit used this to show me how my OVERfocus on comfort (self-pleasure, etc.) actually slows me down in my walk with God. I trip and can't lift my hands in worship and surrender because I'm too busy clinging to my source of comfort.

I need to not be afraid of being tired, lonely, hungry, unaccepted, cold, thirsty, dirty, out of style, denying fleshy cravings (like sugar).

Lord, please forgive me for living for pleasure. Please help me to live for You and You alone. Your agenda, Your desires, Your glory. Hallelujah!

Thank You for Your strength and Your deliverance. Thank You for Your huge love and FORGIVENESS, for the horrible price You paid, and for the pain You endured on my behalf--THANK YOU!!

You, Holy Spirit, are the best Comforter of all! (John 14:26)

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • Just in-case Kayla didn't get my comment on her blog I just wanted to say Happy birthday!! you have an amazing daughter.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:48 AM  

  • Oh yeah I almost forgot, my blog address is hugmonkey4.wordpress.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:51 AM  

  • You challenged me once again, my friend. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    By Blogger Nancy Holte, at 7:33 AM  

  • Susan!! I needed to hear that, yes even in Africa (where the internet is slow, the lines-everywhere from Spar to the bank- are long, and everything takes about 10 times longer! :-)) I find myself seeking my comfort above His will. Thanks for sharing that! Miss you, praying for you guys! Zinty

    By Blogger showstopper, at 1:55 AM  

  • okay, This is exactly what God has been dealing with me about! Thank you for your insight.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:33 AM  

  • Your words are so encouraging! USA the land of instant gratification and endless amounts of comfort. Such a blessing when you are without but a curse when your entagled in it's newly woven web of a self seeking society. I know God will bless your heart motives, actually He already has through your amazing family and ministry!! All our love and prayers, The Randalls(Jcksonville,Fl)

    By Blogger Rachael, at 6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home