Susan Rodgers

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Trusting All the Way

Have you ever had a passage of scripture nearly jump off the page at you?

Last week at our ladies’ Bible study I had several verses impact me, but one more than the others. I went home that night and looked it up in different translations. Then I wrote it in my journal. Then I put it on a couple index cards on my bathroom mirror. Then I wrote it again and stuck it on the wall by our computer. I sent it in an email to a friend. Am I obsessed? Why not blog it? Maybe it will encourage someone else…

Hebrews 10:35-38 (TNIV)
“SO DO NOT THROW AWAY YOUR CONFIDENCE; it will be richly rewarded.
You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised.
In just a little while, He Who is coming will come and will not delay…
My righteous ones will live by faith. I take no pleasure in the one who shrinks back.”

Hebrews 10:35-36,39 (Message)
So don’t throw it all away. You were sure of yourselves then. It’s still a sure thing! But you need to stick it out, staying with God’s plan so you’ll be there for the promised completion.
We’re not quitters who lose out. Oh no! We’ll stay with it and survive, trusting all the way.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home