Susan Rodgers

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Heartstrings

“Abundant peace belongs to those who love Your instruction. Nothing makes them stumble.” (reference? It’s on a card in the kitchen…)

The Lord’s instructions bring peace if we obey.

Yesterday I put on the Second Chapter of Acts collection album, and a song really spoke to me:

Heartstrings
Yesterday my heart was fine
Now it’s skipping out of time
I should have listened to my heartstrings
Never should have taken that left turn
Should have listened to my heartstrings
Now my sweet life is tumbling tumbling down

All at once I was in trouble
I need help and on the double
Someone said it is so subtle
Lord, it’s true
When I lose sight of You!
*****************************
So, no matter how much it kills me to obey those Holy Spirit nudges, my heartstrings, I know it will bring peace if I do.

Romans 8:13
“If you live according to the flesh, you will die. But if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.”

Romans 9:16
“So then it does not depend on human will or effort, but on God Who shows mercy.”

I am acutely aware of my inability to obey without the Lord’s help. This verse 16 confirms that’s true. So back to letting God consume me and work righteousness in me. Focus on Jesus. He’ll help me to hear and obey the Holy Spirit—my heartstrings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home