Susan Rodgers

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Update

Okay, so I’m being terribly inconsistent of late (sorry, Danny). Can I be a bum and tell you to go to charlesandkristen.blogspot.com to see pictures of our Chick Night and our 4th of July party? Kristen is great about posting pictures. I don’t even have a charger for my camera right now, so I’m going to have to mooch off of her for a while. Thanks, Friend.

Ben, Daran, Charles, Pat, and Nathie are currently taking kids home from the camp that just finished. Charles said a lot of kids responded to the salvation call. Very cool. May the seeds planted in the kids’ hearts grow strong and healthy. May this next generation of Swazis impact this country for Jesus.

In other news, we are doing fine. Levi had bronchial pneumonia, and Trinity had bronchitis a couple weeks ago. They’re over that, thank God. We basically camped by the fireplace that week. It’s been MUCH warmer, lately. Almost like spring already.

Kayla officially started grade 4 work last week (we’re home schooling). She is excited. Levi is enjoying school, also. Trinity does her “work” along with them (coloring, puzzles, etc.). I am so thankful I get to stay home and teach them. They are also enjoying their extra lessons: art, music, and gymnastics. The kids are often practicing their handstands. I wonder who they get that from… :-)

A week after we had our 4th of July party, some friends of ours had a “Christmas in July” party. Reason? It is so COLD here that it feels like Christmastime! I’ve always wanted to do that, but between the 4th and then Ben’s birthday (and now Kristen’s also!) being on the 20th, I just couldn’t pull off the Christmas party. SO, we enthusiastically dug out our Santa hats and Christmas CDS, and we got festive in anticipation of the party. We even made Christmas cookies. Kristen helped with the frosting part and took pictures (maybe she will post one of those). It was really fun.

While Kayla, Trinity, and I joined the Christmas party, Ben took Levi on a special trip--just the two of them. Ben posted about it, complete with pictures: benrodgers.blogspot.com. I'm so happy for them!

I still get home sick. Sundays are consistently the hardest. (Oh, how we miss HPC! And going to On the Border afterwards!) But the Lord is helping us by filling our lives with wonderful friends and other activities. (Like Kristen said, not replacing the spot in our hearts for loved ones back home, but adding onto the group instead!) Today is Sunday, and when Ben gets back from transporting the Care Point kids we will head to Doug and Tasha’s to play board games. Yea!

So, there’s the update. I’ll try to post again in a couple days.

4 Comments:

  • no need to apologize to me, sister.

    i did wonder about you using the word "bum" - either you really do still speak "American" and you really meant "bum" or you have crossed over to the queen's english and you just cussed.

    hahahahaha

    By Blogger danohlerking, at 10:18 PM  

  • thanks for the update...it makes us miss you so much. can't wait til we get back...

    ily
    mom

    By Blogger Jean Ohlerking, at 1:16 PM  

  • Thanks for the update....you all sound SO busy!

    Enjoy the Elevate team and tell Michelle and Rob that I miss there great sense of humor already! =)

    Again, enjoy!!!! =)


    Stephanie

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 10:01 PM  

  • Hey Susan,

    Thank you for being sucha great friend and inspiration to Kristen. I have to say, everytime I go to their blog I leave crying. I miss her so much but I am so proud of her.
    She always talks of you-each time we talk--which of course is at least every 7-10 days--it must be the mom thing.

    I cannot wait to see all of you in November--

    Again-thank you for helping Kristen and Charles become truly the Swazi sushi's. I love their stories and the team they have become. I will share the fruit of that with you.

    See you soon--literally!

    Paige Becnel

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home