Susan Rodgers

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Morning Warmth

This morning it was hard to talk myself into getting out of bed. Oooo, it’s so cold in the house today! I decided to layer up, go to the kitchen, and make a mug of hot water to drink to warm my insides. I also took my hot water bottle to fill with boiling water. (It’s now on my lap, bringing me warmth as I type.)

As I was waiting for the water to boil, I sort of paced around the kitchen with my hot drink in hand. I turned on some worship music and let my mind rest on the Lord. The room was already bright, but when the sun suddenly burst over the hill in the distance, the place became brilliant. Rays filtered through the palm trees in our back yard, making the light dance over me and on the floor. “Wow, Lord, You’re beautiful.”

What has brought me more warmth than the hot water this morning is the God’s Word. My eyes fell to the index cards I’d stuck on the microwave yesterday.

2 Peter 3:9
“The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some would understand slowness. Instead He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”

Revelation 21:5
“He Who was seated on the throne said, ‘I am making everything new!’ Then He said, ‘Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.’”

Genesis 18:14
“Is ANYTHING too hard for the Lord?”

This morning, though, even the comfort of His promises to me pales in comparison to the simple awesome beauty of the Lord Himself. What a wonder it is that He knows me intimately and longs for me to know Him! This Universe-Creator God loves me. That thought brings a warmth in my spirit that makes me forget any physical cold. I also forget my selfish longings and just find peace in His Presence.

The balm of the Lord’s love is the best heat source of all!

1 Comments:

  • i thought for sure you were gonna bust out with a little keith green for us....

    we actually sang it the other day in satff meeting here:

    oh lord, you're beautiful
    your face is all i seek
    for when your eyes are on this child
    your grace abounds to me.

    oh lord, please light the fire
    that once burned bright and clear
    replace the lamp of my first love
    that burns with holy fear

    i want to take your love and shine it all around
    but first help me just to live it, lord
    and when i'm doing well
    help me to never seek a crown
    for my reward is giving glory to you.

    (all from memory, too.)

    (ok - that sounded like i was looking for a crown... my bad.)

    love ya sooze.

    By Blogger danohlerking, at 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home