Susan Rodgers

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Forgetting to Breathe

This morning was crazy. Hectic. Lots to get done before I rushed out the door. I was racing around, trying to remember everything: Crystal's birthday present, cookies for Bible study, water bottle, extra clothes for Trinity, Bible and lesson book, cell phone (I hate it when I forget that), my watch, etc.

Time to go. I stood in my bedroom doorway, looking around. I said out loud, "Lord, am I forgetting anything?" In my spirit was His prompt reply, "You're forgetting to breathe." I could hear the smile in His voice. My stress went down several notches as I, too, smiled and said, "Yeah, I suppose this is true."

I love how He loves us. Unexpected little moments like that are treasures. He comes along with a Word that diffuses the tension and reminds us that we can trust that He's still in control. "Don't forget to breathe!"

3 Comments:

  • sooze...if you are going to forget to breathe, please do it only for a very short time.

    i love your blogs.
    i love you.

    ma

    By Blogger Jean Ohlerking, at 6:11 AM  

  • ahhhhhhhhh..... (hear the airy breathy "h" sounds?)

    usually for me it a holding breath in when i'm uptight, so when i finally do breathe it is a whole lotta exhale first.

    thus, the "ahhhhhhhhhh" - thanks for the reminder, sooze.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:32 AM  

  • I'm forgetting to breathe!

    I love all your posts! They're great! Really inspiring!

    Be blessed,
    Stephanie

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home