Susan Rodgers

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Through the Flood

Isaiah 43:1b,2a
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by your name; you are mine.
I will be with you when you pass through the waters,
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not overwhelm you.”

Do I battle fears? Yep.

Yesterday, at first, I had niggling fears and dreading thoughts. The scripture, “Why so downcast, O my soul? Put your hope in God,” came to mind. I began to steadily set aside fearing thoughts and choose to trust the Lord instead. The gray cloud over me lifted. (Thank You, Lord!)

I read the above verses last night before I went to bed. I also read these:

v.4 “Because you are precious in My sight, and honored, and I love you…”
v.5 “Do not fear, for I am with you.”

He will sustain me through this. He paid a high price for me. I am His. When floodwaters surround me, He will sustain me.

I dreamed last night that I was giving (a much younger) Trinity a bath. She was laying back as the tub filled. When the water rose to her cheeks, I put my hand under her head to help her stay afloat. Some water splashed on her face and went up her nose. She blinded and squirmed a little, but remained calm because she trusted me. I was steadying her, and she knew she was going to be alright. She didn’t worry, but just laid back and enjoyed her warm bath.

Then I woke up, well rested.

So now, I can do the same. I know the Lord gave me that dream. I know (with my head, anyway) that He loves me more than I love Trinity. I can trust Him to be with me and to steady me when I am feeling floodwaters surge around me.

Lord, I trust You. Thank You for loving me, and for promising to be with me, whatever I go through.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I LOVE DREAMS FROM THE LORD!!!! That is awesome that He gave you that. I know, from the sound of things, that it totally ministered to your spirit.

    I am so happy for you. Praying for ya'll!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home