Susan Rodgers

Monday, July 23, 2007

Unbelief

Journal Entry
24 July 2007

In recent days I’ve been guilty of unbelief. The Lord, one morning, brought Luke 1 to my attention, the next morning another verse. I want to document them here now to help etch them in my memory.

Luke 1:20b
“You did not believe my words, which will be fulfilled in their proper time.”

Sometimes, when I ache as I wait for healing, I begin to doubt that it will happen any time soon. I feel hopeless. But God’s words are true, and His timing is always perfect. Jesus, help my unbelief.

Hebrews 3:12
“Watch out, brothers, so that there won’t be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart.”

Doubt is evil. (ouch!)
v. 13 – Sin is deceptive. If we are thus deceived, our hearts become hard. So we need to encourage each other.

When I doubt God’s promise, it is sin. It is self-destructive. It can make my heart hard. Jesus, help me to not doubt You, but to TRUST, OBEY, and to WAIT for the fulfillment of Your promises with patience.

Hebrews 3:14
“For we have become companions of the Messiah if we hold firmly until the end the REALITY of that we had at the start.”

Mark 9:23
“All things are possible to him who believes.”

Lord, I believe. I’ll hang on tightly to the truth of Your Word. You are faithful. You are faithful. Your Words are true. And You are faithful.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Oh my goodness Susan the only word that He has let me learn about, think about, read about or any other about is FAITH.

    See mine has been wavering. It is hard to believe without seeing. Help our unbelief is right.

    This is from my devotional this morning... "Do you believe God only when your circumstances are favorable, or do you believe no matter what your circumstances may be?" CHP

    Another... The world says that "seeing is believing" but God wants us to believe in order to see. The psalmist said, "I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the Land of the Living" Ps 27:13

    Last one, my favorite..."Faith is believing what we do not see, and the reward for this kind of faith is to see what we believe". Saint Augustine

    All this being said, I journaled all the things that He is asking me to believe for and now I am stepping out....

    Your in my prayers

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:48 AM  

  • Lord, please wrap your strong and loving arms around my daughter right now. Help her to lean hard on those arms, knowing that your word is true and that you do not lie. You promised to never leave us or forsake us. You promised that you do hear and answer prayer.

    Together we are trusting you for the answers Susan needs--in Your time, in Your way.

    And in the meanwhile, please give her peace.

    In Jesus' name...
    amen

    By Blogger Jean Ohlerking, at 2:37 PM  

  • Susan, you are perhaps the most real Christian I have ever met. You have the amazing ability to say what so many of us think. We all have doubts from time to time but few of us are honest enough to talk about it. I so appreciate your honesty and your love for the Lord. I always know that when I come online to read your blog that I'm going to know you better and be challenged by your words. You are in my prayers! I hope the Lord brings us together again soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:01 PM  

  • Thank you for your comments; y'all have encouraged me. Still hangin' onto hope...

    By Blogger Susan Rodgers, at 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home