Susan Rodgers

Monday, March 09, 2009

Powerful Enough

8 March 09 Journal Entry

Nahum 1:12b-13
"Though I have afflicted you, I will afflict you no longer. For I will now break off his yoke from you and tear off your shackles."


Lord, once again You have let me encounter my own weakness. Determination alone can't get me out of the shackles of pride, self-absorption, food, skin-picking, vanity, laziness, doubt...

The ugly list could fill many pages, I'm afraid. But Jesus, this is why You came and died. Your Blood is powerful. Powerful enough to not only forgive me and wash away my guilt, making me white as snow (Hallelujah!), but also powerful enough to deliver me from the clutches of the sin so I don't have to be stuck in the rut of repeating that sin.

Still, Father, I'm fighting battles. Please deliver me!

Thank You for allowing me to encounter my weakness which helps to combat my ugly, ugly sin of pride.

I love You, Jesus. I'm so thankful that You love me despite my junk.

I trust You, Abba. Please be king of my heart, ruling all my decisions. Please change my desires to be in conformity to Your will.

Awesome God. I love that You care for me. I take security and comfort in that knowledge.

Yes, Jesus loves me
Yes, Jesus loves me
Yes, Jesus loves me
The Bible tells me so

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Wow, two great posts Susan. Our stinking western culture, even one dose can afflict you for life. Satan does a great job with its smoke screen.

    By Blogger sammie, at 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home