Susan Rodgers

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Deliverance

Journal Entry
6 August 2009

Day #6 of 40 Days of Prayer, and I’ve already managed to break my fast. It was all contemplated and justified, even prayed about, but, “I was deceived, and I ate.” I spent time repenting last night, and am today sincerely thankful for second chances. I believe He has indeed washed me clean, clothed me with white robes of righteousness, and given me a fresh start. He’s in the business of doing that, so He’s good at it. :-) Praise Him!

Jesus, this is what You did at Calvary: took the punishment for our rebellions, for MY rebellion. Had You not done that, I’d be eternally separated from you.

But at Calvary, You also beat the enemy, and I don’t have to be enslaved to sin!


Exodus 15:1,2
“I will sing to the LORD,
For He is highly exalted;
He has thrown the horse
And its rider into the sea.
The LORD is my strength
And my song;
He has become my salvation.
This is my God, and I will
Praise Him,
My Father’s God, and I will
exalt Him.
The LORD is a warrior;
Yahweh is His Name.”

Moses and the people sang this just after Pharaoh and the Egyptians died in the Red Sea. What a moment, to see destroyed those who held them in bondage for over 400 years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home