Susan Rodgers

Monday, September 05, 2005

Humbling Situations

Ephesians 4:29
“When you talk, do not say harmful things, but say what people need—words that will help others become stronger. Then what you say will do good to those who listen to you.”

Yesterday in the shower I begged God for His LOVE to consume me, as well as many other fruit, but especially HUMIILITY. Ask for humility and what do you get? Humbling situations.

Yesterday evening we had some friends over for dinner. Earlier Kayla and I made a chocolate cake. I should have told Kayla to scrape the top of the measuring spoon with a knife (for the cocoa), but instead I had her press it to the side which made the measurements bigger.

My fault.

But when we served our over-chocolaty dessert I whispered to our guests that Kayla was the one who measured the chocolate.

What a terrible thing to do!

That whole cake was a fiasco as I also made the frosting too runny and tried putting it on the cake while it was still warm…the frosting was running off like lava, and the top layer of cake kept sliding around.

Humility. God was answering my prayer, yet I resisted and tried to pin the blame on someone else.

So today I’ll tell Kayla what I did and apologize to her. She is usually extremely merciful. I am hoping for her gracious forgiveness once again.

I’ll also tell our friends at next opportunity the same, asking them for forgiveness.

Pride is such an ugly thing.

And forgiveness is so beautiful.

Isaiah 1:18
“The Lord says, ‘Come, let us talk about these things. Though your sins are like scarlet, they can be as white as snow. Though your sins are deep red, they can be white like wool.

2 Comments:

  • Susan, I just found your blog and I have only read a little but I'm enjoying it. I felt so "proded" by this entry, thank you, "ask and you shall receive.." we want to be more like Him and He's getting us there isn't He?

    I hate that we missed you last time you were in town, mybe next time we can get together.

    I know everyone has a blog these days but if you have time, check out mine.

    Bye for now. Carole Turner
    thewardrobeandthewhitetree.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Carole Turner, at 12:52 PM  

  • It seems I'm on the right track, I hope I can do well. The result was something I did and was doing to implement it.
    http://www.clickjogosclick.com

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home